Need Help with a Divorce-Related Conflict?
Family members in conflict need to listen to each other and be heard. If not the relationship suffers and nothing is resolved. If you are self-represented in a divorce, scroll down for online information about local resources.
RECOURSE has mediated many different kinds of conflicts related to divorce, such as child and spousal support, child custody and visitation, asset splitting, property related matters, even custody of pets.
Mediation works for families because
- Relationships are preserved
- It can help open lines of communication that may have been closed for a long time
- It is helpful to have the support of a neutral third party, trained in dealing with strong feelings, who can assist you in your discussions with each other
- Divorcing couples are more willing to abide by agreements on important issues in their lives if they have decided those agreements themselves, rather than someone else deciding for them
- You can create new, productive ways to communicate about raising children
- It offers a model of productive collaboration for your children
- It can move the process forward in all aspects of divorce, such as child and spousal support, splitting assets, child custody and other important issues. Mediation focuses on the future.
- It saves money
I cannot begin to express how much I truly appreciate the compassion, neutrality, professionalism and effectiveness of the mediators. I feel resolved financially and emotionally.
Ms. S – Divorce mediation client
RECOURSE cannot provide legal advice,or any other advice (real estate, financial etc). We do not complete legal paperwork but we can help you to decide the agreements that will ultimately be included in your Marriage Settlement Agreement.
If you have an attorney and want to avoid Court, you may be interested in collaborative divorce.
Resources for Family Law Matters
(including Domestic Violence)
Sonoma County Superior Court
Family Law Facilitator/Self-Help Center
Civil and Family Law Courthouse
3055 Cleveland Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Office Hours: Monday through Thursday mornings from 8 to 11:30
Monday afternoons from 1 to 4:30
You can also call in to (707) 521-6545 to arrange for services. You must leave a message and a telephone number that you will be able to answer when we call. Please spell your full name and give us your case number if you have it.
No habrá ayuda en español del 5 al 8 de Octubre a menos de que traiga intérprete.
Court Hours Mon-Fri 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Clerk Office Hours Mon-Fri 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Department of Child Support Services
Sonoma County Legal Services Foundation
Provides Modest Means legal services, supervised visitation, domestic violence services and youth and public education.
1212 4th St. #I, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Help with domestic violence.
1421 Guerneville Road, Suite 200
Santa Rosa, CA 95403-7238
Hours of Operation: 9am – 5pm Monday through Friday
For information about Domestic Violence:
Need help with this?
Sometimes a trained neutral party is the only thing that can turn a bad situation back into something healthy and productive. Are you ready to seek help from our professional staff of mediators?
You can either call us at (707) 525-8545, or simply fill out the form below to request the services you need. No credit card required.