Need Help with a Divorce-Related Conflict?
If you are self-represented in a divorce, scroll down for information about local and online resources.
RECOURSE has mediated many divorce-related disputes, such as child and spousal support, child custody and visitation, asset and debt splitting, property-related matters, and custody of pets.
Mediation is especially effective in divorce because:
- Parents need to have ongoing effective and respectful communication about their children
- Asset and debt splitting can be negotiated fairly
- It is helpful to have the assistance of mediators who are trained in dealing with the strong feelings of people in conflict
- Divorcing couples are more willing to abide by agreements on important issues when they control the content of those agreements
- Old patterns of disrespectful and poor communication can be reset
- Mediation offers a model of productive collaboration for your children
- Mediation focuses on the future, not on the hurt of the past
- It saves both time and money
I cannot begin to express how much I truly appreciate the compassion, neutrality, professionalism and effectiveness of the mediators. I feel resolved financially and emotionally.
Ms. S – Divorce mediation client
RECOURSE cannot provide legal advice,or any other advice (real estate, financial etc). We do not complete legal paperwork but we can help you to decide the agreements that will ultimately be included in your Marriage Settlement Agreement.
If you both have attorneys and want to avoid litigation, you may be interested in collaborative divorce.
Resources for Family Law Matters
Need help with this?
If you’d like more information about whether RECOURSE can help you in your divorce, (707) 525-8545